Nachi worm virus! help please
Dave H
2003-08-24 16:29:22 UTC
Just updated my AVG and now it tells me I have a Nachi worm virus in the
systems/wins dir but AVG can't get rid of it!! but the virus does'nt seem to
be doing anything!! I can't understand as I have just done a fresh install
of XP and no where could a virus have come from!, is it a bug with AVG
finding the virus or if it's a real virus how the hell do I get rid of it..
All be good
Dave H
Pourquoi tant d'étoiles pour si peu de trèfles à quatre feuilles ?
2003-08-24 16:41:42 UTC
Post by Dave H
Hi,
Just updated my AVG and now it tells me I have a Nachi worm virus in
the systems/wins dir but AVG can't get rid of it!! but the virus
does'nt seem to be doing anything!! I can't understand as I have just
done a fresh install of XP and no where could a virus have come
from!, is it a bug with AVG finding the virus or if it's a real virus
how the hell do I get rid of it.. All be good
Dave H
Have a look here for learning :

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm.html

and use this for cleaning :

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm.removal.tool.html
--
Jean-Luc Cavey
Paris, France
E-Mail : ***@alussinan.org
Dave H
2003-08-24 19:44:21 UTC
The Symantic util seems to have done the trick so many thanks..
I owe you a drink!!
Dave H
"Pourquoi tant d'étoiles pour si peu de trèfles à quatre feuilles ?"
Post by Pourquoi tant d'étoiles pour si peu de trèfles à quatre feuilles ?
Hi,