Why I receive email with "I-Worm/Sobig.F"? Yet......
Fogar
2003-08-23 23:25:33 UTC
my PC had the "I-Worm/Sobig.F" virus and I received many infected
email every hour. After I used the Tool "f-sobig.exe" and now I
receive less infected email. One every hour.
Will I still have that worm?
How Ican I delete that virus definitely?
How can I see if my PC is infected?
Thanks

bye Fogar
kurt wismer
2003-08-23 23:45:31 UTC
Post by Fogar
Hi,
my PC had the "I-Worm/Sobig.F" virus and I received many infected
email every hour. After I used the Tool "f-sobig.exe" and now I
receive less infected email. One every hour.
Will I still have that worm?
How Ican I delete that virus definitely?
How can I see if my PC is infected?
removing the worm from your computer doesn't do anything about all the
other computers that have it... you're going to keep receiving the worm
in your email until everyone who has your email address cleans their
systems... this may well be a lot more than just the people you know,
by the way...

--
"hungry people don't stay hungry for long
they get hope from fire and smoke as the weak grow strong
they get hope from fire and smoke as they reach for the dawn"
alumar'uh bin abdulah
2003-08-24 10:08:07 UTC
Post by Fogar
Hi,
my PC had the "I-Worm/Sobig.F" virus and I received many infected
email every hour. After I used the Tool "f-sobig.exe" and now I
receive less infected email. One every hour.
Will I still have that worm?
How Ican I delete that virus definitely?
How can I see if my PC is infected?
Thanks
bye Fogar
well, the tool is not meant to kill virus in every PC
if you get the virus by e-mail, configure the attachment rules correctly
Fogar
2003-08-24 12:14:44 UTC
I'm sorry, what do you mean "configure the attachment rules
correctly"?
thanks Fogar