Any TronScript comments?
2019-10-26 01:04:40 UTC
Hi All,

Any of you guys have an opinion on TronScript?

https://old.reddit.com/r/TronScript/

How to Remove Viruses From Your Computer:

Many thanks,
-T
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When you say, "I wrote a program that
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Apd
2019-10-26 11:39:32 UTC
Post by T
Any of you guys have an opinion on TronScript?
https://old.reddit.com/r/TronScript/
I don't like all-in-one packages that claim to do everything. The
download is half a gigabyte (ridiculous) because it includes some AV
software. I didn't know reddit hosted downloads but it's also
available from Majorgeeks.

It does other stuff like remove bloat and defrag which you may not
want to do. Some users may actually want certain Metro apps and OEM
bundled stuff. What it does is configurable by command-line switches.

The scripts and text files are on Github together with a good
description of exactly what it does. I suggest you read it thoroughly,
the lists of what it removes, and see how to configure before using:
https://github.com/bmrf/tron

I'm sure the author means well but I'd never use something like this.
Too much oportunity to break things. I'd do the actions individually
only if appropriate and check each result for errors or whatever then
decide on the next move.