Sobig Virus
Scott
2003-08-25 17:27:47 UTC
Over the weekend, I've received a half-dozen emails, supposedly from me,
that were rejected because they contain the Sobig virus. I dont' recognize any
of the email addresses....and I know my system is clean of this virus. Can
I assume that some people are using my email address to bounce messages
with the virus?

Here's an example:

***@gamealbums.com
This message has been rejected since it is infected with the Sobig e-mail worm.

Thanks!
Scott
W.S. Blevins
2003-08-25 17:37:57 UTC
Read the numerous threads on the subject.
Pourquoi tant d'étoiles pour si peu de trèfles à quatre feuilles ?
2003-08-25 19:32:04 UTC
Post by W.S. Blevins
Post by Scott
Over the weekend, I've received a half-dozen emails, supposedly from me,
Read the numerous threads on the subject.
As said by W.S. pleace take time to search ! This question has been asked
and answered hundred times since the last week.
--
Jean-Luc Cavey
Paris, France
E-Mail : ***@alussinan.org
Ted Davis
2003-08-26 00:37:33 UTC
Post by Scott
Over the weekend, I've received a half-dozen emails, supposedly from me,
that were rejected because they contain the Sobig virus. I dont' recognize any
of the email addresses....and I know my system is clean of this virus. Can
I assume that some people are using my email address to bounce messages
with the virus?
We've all seen those, maybe hundreds of them - they have been
discussed to death here, and even in various news services - including
some not directed to geeks. If you don't want to read what has been
written her, at least read a description of the worm on some AV site -
the descriptions explains what the worm does. And no, I'm not going
into it yet again: I've been explaining it to college professors for
about a week now.

T.E.D. (***@gearbox.maem.umr.edu - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)